Modification of Existing Orders

A modification of an existing court order, also known as a post-judgment proceeding, is any family law matter commenced following the entry of a Judgment of Divorce to re-open any of the issues addressed in the Judgment of Divorce. More specifically, if the courts continue to retain jurisdiction over an issue pertaining to your divorce, you may be able to seek further judicial relief. To better assist you in deciding whether a modification is possible contact Attorney Vitek to discuss whether or not your family law issues can be re-opened.

If your situation has changed substantially since your last court order, there may be a basis to modify the existing court order. For instance, has there been a loss of income? A change in residence? Are there ongoing custody or placement issues that should be changed? These questions and others can be answered by Attorney Vitek. Contact us to set up a consultation to review your case.

We’re here to help you.